Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Tools!

I have a new toy (tool) to use. I bought a heat tool this weekend and some embossing powder as I really like other cards that use that technique. My first try was on a little circle card. I found the sketch on a Mojo Monday from back in June and it's actually more of a tag than a card since this one doesn't open. It just "turns over". It's quite small..only slightly more than 3" in diameter.

The tiny flowers in the half circle and the star were stamped with bright pink ink and then embossed with sparkle embossing powder. I stamped a sentiment on the back of the "card".

I was reasonably happy with my first try and I called my daughter to tell her about my purchase. This was quite surprising because I rarely (never) buy any stamping supplies without her guidance. After some excellent suggestions from her, I tried more embossing and here is card #2.

It doesn't show up in the photo but the silhouette flowers are embossed with clear embossing powder and have a lovely shine. The card is a pretty simple one as I was mostly practicing my embossing. Thanks for allowing me to share my experiments.

Details of the paper, ink, punches,etc.

Circle card:
DP from the Summer Dreams matstack
Cardstock from Flower Shower matstack

Blossom and Lg. Circle nestabilities

Stampabilities bright pink pigment ink

A la mode Sparkle embossing powder
satin ribbon from my ribbon box

Star stamp and Sentiment from Starstruck set by Paper Makeup Stamps

Silhouette card:
Cardstock from my stash provided by my dd :)
DP from the Summer Dreams matstack

Flower Stamps from Faith, Hope, Love set by Paper Makeup Stamps
Onyx Black Versafine ink
A la mode clear embossing powder
Sentiment first released as a "thank you for your order" from PMS but now available for purchase

organdy ribbon, satin ribbon, and buttons from my ribbon box and button box
Fiskar diamond punch

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A little piece of felt

Where has the summer gone? I can't believe that July is half over! This week's Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps was to use felt. I had to go digging to find felt. I knew I had some when I made my grandsons' Ninja Turtles halloween costumes but if there was any left, it was nowhere to be found today. I did find some green felt that I use to back cross-stitched and beaded Christmas ornaments. I'll show one of the ornaments (the base is perforated paper) in another post sometime.

My card today uses papers and brads from the Celestial Possibilities kit at Paper Makeup. The sentiment is from the Friendly Flowers set (also PMS)

I wasn't sure it would work, but I cut my felt to back the big brad in my Cuttlebug with the Labels Two Nestabilities. I'm pleased with the way it sets off that gorgeous big brad.

Have a great weekend!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Color Throwdown #100

I had a good time last night talking with papercrafting friends at the Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party Forum. I learned about the Color Throwdown challenge by doing the Paper Makeup Blog Hop yesterday. What a talented group of ladies! It always inspires me so here is my card down bright and early this morning before heading off to NC to visit my 95 year old MIL.

The image is a fairy named "Rose" from Paper Makeup Stamps and the sentiment is from PMS as well.

I colored the image with copics and cut the image and the sentiment with the Labels Four nestie. I distressed the edges just a bit with Distress Ink in Tattered Rose.

The patterned paper is from Debbie Mumm's paper pack called Noah's Ark (found on sale last week at JoAnn's Fabrics and Crafts).

The flower is prisma and just a little bling finishes it off.

Here's another photo at a slightly different angle. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's a window card

Happy Independence Day weekend to everyone! I have a three day week-end since my office is closed on Monday. Hooray!!

I've had the Celestial Possibilities kit from Paper Makeup since it was released and have not done anything with it so I decided that's what I would use to create a window card for the Makeup for the Weekend challenge. This is my first window card and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

After I put the rhinestone in the center of the blossom punch, I thought of the gorgeous brads that came with the kit :( And that corner still looks like it needs something else to me.

I used a scalloped rectangle nestie for the Celeste image and colored it with copics (although I do not have the coloring ability that my daughter has!). I added some stickles to the stars and moon. I used the blossom nestie to create the window and again for the patterned pattern that shows through the window. The sentiment is from the Dream Big set (also PMS). Here's the inside of the card.

The button (which I found in a drawer while looking for something else!) has stars and moons on it although it's hard to see if the first photo so
I took a closeup of the button.

I hope everyone's fondest dreams come true.