Sunday, January 30, 2011

Is Spring around the corner?

I'm hoping that spring is around the corner but we sure could have lots of wintery weather here in central Indiana in February. I seemed to be thinking spring with the colors on this card.

The JUGS challenge this week was to create a 3-D flower. I looked at the tutorial and the GORGEOUS samples from the JUGS dt but I decided I wasn't ready to try those yet. So, my large flower was created with punches in 2 sizes with 2 layers of each size. I curled the edges of the petals just a bit and centered each flower with a rhinestone.

My dh gave me a Grand Calibur for Christmas! I used the Labels Four Grand Nestie to cut the cardstock and the dp. My sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps and can be found here. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine black ink and colored in the hearts with an R81 copic. I used a standard size Labels Four nestie for the sentiment and for the dp backing that is peeking from the top and bottom of the sentiment.

The organdy ribbon came out of my ribbon box. After I took the photo and loaded it on my computer, I remembered that I had stick pins with pink hearts that look quite good in the knot of the bow and add a nice finishing touch....but you'll have to take my word on that part. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shaped card Carma! Your flower looks just perfect with the plaid!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the flowers and that perfect bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carma thank you for your sweet comment on my MTME project. ALl MTME templates come with PDF versions of the files so you can easily print and cut them by hand - the cricut helps for resizing but I've hand cut templates for years. THis mini card set is particularily easy to do by hand. Love what you did with the Grand Calibur - LUCKY YOU! I don't have one of those - enjoy our MIDWEST blizzard tonight and tomorrow - at least we'll have a snow day!!! Craft day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carma, this is absolutely beautiful! I just bought my GC on Saturday. It's out of the box, but has not been used (tomorrow when I have a snow day!). I don't have any of the large nesties either (internet shopping tomorrow when I have a snow day!). Can you tell I'm aching for a snow day? LOL!!! Seriously, your card is so pretty! Love your flower, too! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge! Love when I see your name!

    ReplyDelete