Monday, February 21, 2011

Cards for kids

These cards were actually Valentine's Day cards for my grandsons but they could be birthday cards or almost any occasion depending on what you put on the inside. The first one could be a "You did a great job" type of card. I kept them quite simple so there's not many layers or embellies. The image and the sentiment on the first one is from the Dino Essentials Set at Paper Makeup Stamps.
I colored in the bones using copics and used two different nestability shapes to cut the image (inverted scallops) and the backing (blossom). The stars are felt "buttons" and now that I see the photo, I'm wondering why I don't have thread in the small stars like I do the large one. Hmm?


The second card uses Rex and another sentiment from the Dino Essentials set. I paperpieced Rex with a single paper that I picked up at Hobby Lobby and didn't check the name. The buttons here are felt too but at least both of them are "sewn on". :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. How fun these are!! Love the paper piecing on Rex! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable, Carma! I just saw Lisa's post before this in my Google Reader and was laughing that you both used that same dino! Just so cute! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete