Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Quilt for my sister

My sister is a fabulous quilter. I don't know how many she has made....over 30 I think and they are all really, really, really gorgeous. I do lots of needlecrafts, but quilting is not one of them, and I am always amazed at her skill in finding just the right colors and patterns to go together. Last week I saw a quilt block card on Ginger's blog (Scrappin' Story) and just had to try one of my own. My sister's birthday is this week (oops, the card will be late.....as usual). The quilt block pattern I used is one of the many, many variations of a star block.

I think this one is most often called a starflower. The squares are 3/4" for a 3 square inch block. My papers are My Mind's Eye Hazel papers backed with Passionate Bazzill cardstock. It's more "coral" in real life that it appears in the photo. I was going for more coral/orange to play in the My Time Made Easy Pretty Palette Color Challenge. but it's not as "orangey" as it should be. I guess I'll post it to that challenge anyway and hope they'll forgive me. My image is Leigh from Paper Makeup Stamps. I always think of April showers with Leigh so she seemed appropriate for an April birthday. I'm also connecting to the challenge over at Raise the Bar for April Showers this week. I paper pieced her dress with the same paper as the outer border on the quilt block and colored the rest of her with copics. I added some stickles to her wings and to the "splash".

Hope spring has come to wherever you are! As always, thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty!! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your sister will love your paper version of a quilt! It's so pretty! I too love the look of quilts and I'm planning on that being my next crafting passion...but not for a while! Love how you used the colors, and Leigh is perfect for an April birthday! That's my birthday month too! Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so pretty Carma, I love the papers. Amazing work on the paper quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job paper piecing! Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your soft colors you chose for the quilted BG! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at RTB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card!
    Thanks for joining in with the pretty palette challenge :)
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splish splash! She's so cute. I'm just going back and catching up on commenting now so I do apologize for the delay. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar for the April Showers Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete