Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gettin' Sketchy

I followed the Get Sketchy Card Challege for this Thinking of You/Encouragement card. I flipped the sketch on it's side and used the Buggy Sayings set from Paper Makeup Stamps. My hubby actually picked it out the image because the card is for a colleague of his who is fighting leukemia. She has the same attitude as this bumblebee!

I was going for bright and cheery and the dp is from A Day at the Beach paper pack by The Paper Studio. I used by scalloped oval nestie for the sentiment and then I stamped the bee on it letting it go over the edge. I stamped the bee again and colored it and popped it up using a foam dot. I put stickles on the bees wings and created a little "fly line" with gold bling. Here's a close up that shows it a little better.
The edges of the scalloped oval are sponged with memento ink in angel pink. The yummy striped ribbon was a gift from my dd. :)

Hope you're having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. What a great bright and cheerful card - love the little bumble bee and the rhinestone adhesives are a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

    ReplyDelete