Friday, September 10, 2010

Time for Fall

The M4TW Challenge over at Paper Makeup has a lovely poem for inspiration.

Autumn Fairy
The Autumn fairy weaves her spell
Spreads out her cloth of gold
Adorns the fields and woodlands both
With the riches of days so old

She makes the plants and flowers bloom
Displaying Nature's glory
For soon cold Winter's dismal gloom
Will tell a different story

-Author Unknown

My card was created as a thank you for colleagues who host an "end-of-summer/beginning-of-school cookout every year. I used fall colors and "Will" from The Will to Daydream PMS kit. The papers in the kit are wonderful, fun, mostly bright colors so the papers on this card are not from the kit. I wanted to have him laying on grass or leaves but was afraid to try to color that in and end up ruining my image since I thought he'd turned out pretty well. And I just don't have that "sponging" technique down yet either. I just need to keep practicing. :)

The inside is stamped with a sentiment from the Everyday Thanks sentiment set. The foks at the cookout are all colleagues from the College of Fine Arts so the Shakespeare quote is especially appropriate.


Thanks to you for visiting today!






5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring! I'm sure you wouldn't "ruin" it by sponging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! this is gorgeous....I love how you interpreted the poem...just gorgeous! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the inspirational poem. Thanks for plaing along with my PMS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is this?!! Thank you so much for playing along in this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Carma! Your coloring is wonderful and that button is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete