Monday, November 15, 2010

Being a grandparent is great!

My husband and I really love being grandparents. I'm sure most grandparents feel like their grandchildren are the cutest, smartest, kids on the planet. I know ours are right up there at the top of the list!! I have friends at our church that just became grandparents for the first time and this is card I made for them.


The challenge over at Just Us Girls this week (JUGS #59) is to make a gate-fold card. I hadn't done one of these before. I stamped the Paper Makeup Stamps sentiment on patterned pattern from Debbie Mumm's Noah's Ark Paperpack. I cut the sentiment and a backing with the Labels Fifteen nestie. The panels are from the same paperpack. (but I bet you could have figured that out!) My closure really does tie with a bow through the button. I'm not sure the recipient of my card will find it easy to "put back together" as it's a little tricky to thread that little ribbon through the button. :)

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card and a very thoughtful one at that! Glad to see you trying new things, Carma! Our blog has lots of different challenges, so I hope to see you playing in more of them! Thanks for joining our JUGs challenge1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - love the paper - my niece's room was done in Noah's Ark. I also like the button closure - very sweet. Thanks for playing along with the Just Us Girls challenge this week. JUGS appreciates your support *grin*.

    ReplyDelete