Sunday, May 15, 2011

We had a few nice days last week....but more rain all day today. :( I'm soggy!! Hopefully all this rain won't drown all the spring time flowers. I made some flowers of my own today.

I used a technique that was new to me, "kissing with a twist" that I learned about on the JUGS Challenge. I used flowers from Paper Makeup Stamps, Springtime Solids set and inked one of the large flowers up with Angel Pink Memento Ink. Then I used one of the smaller daisy type flowers and inked that up with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and "kissed" the darker stamp onto the lighter one. It was so much fun, I made 3 of them!

The leaves are from the same PMS set and I used Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink (no kissing :). I drew the stem in with a YG63 Copic that happens to match really well. I used the Pretty Patterns Sketch #9 from the My Time Made Easy Challenge and flipped it on it's side. The dp is from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads paper pad. The sentiment is from another PMS set called Friendly Flowers.

Don't forget to take time to smell the flowers! Thanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is so pretty!! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING!!! WOW!!! Way to knock it out of the park!!! Great take on the kissing technique! Thanks for playing along with JUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous flowers! I love how they turned out with that kissing technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're very soggy and cold here today and were this weekend too! Your card is lovely! Love how you used the technique on the flowers! Cool look! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carma, these stamps are perfect for the kissing with a twist technique! I LOVE the colors you chose, they really make the blooms pop! Beautiful work ♥

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous Carma!!! I love your take on this technique!!! Congrats on being a shout out on the JUGS blog!!!

    ReplyDelete